[LINK] COVIDfail – the Australian coronavirus tracing app that can’t find anyone

Bernard Robertson-Dunn brd at iimetro.com.au
Tue Jul 14 10:36:45 AEST 2020

On 14/07/2020 9:00 am, Tom Worthington wrote:
> On 9/7/20 6:04 pm, Bernard Robertson-Dunn wrote:
>
>> COVIDfail – the Australian coronavirus tracing app that can’t find
>> anyone ...
>
> Compared to other government COVID-19 initiatives, the App was cheap
> and at least has done no harm so far.

The government has set false expectations. Looking at the comments on
the app stores, many people believe they are now protected from the
virus because they have the app on their phone. They now take more risks
than they should.

They are the same naive people who think that because they have been
registered for a My Health Record, the government is creating and
maintaining a record of all their health care data.

In both cases they are dangerously wrong.

--

Regards
brd

Bernard Robertson-Dunn