[LINK] COVIDSafe app

Stephen Loosley stephenloosley at outlook.com
Wed Jul 15 19:38:32 AEST 2020

In my opinion, the app should have more inclusive features.

Rather than simply a contact alert, it needs environment warnings.

By that I mean an alert to a recent lawful-presence, nearby, by one or
more currently-registered covid-19 cases. Where cases are not locked
down we make app-registration and phone carrying legally mandatory.

So, as well as live-warnings, we should have covid-presence warnings.
At least we could and should be warned that maybe this is a hot spot.

Bernard writes,

> * Still, Victoria's Chief Health Officer said the app is a very useful
> tool for assisting in contact tracing ... the issues for the app stem
> more from community downloads .. rather than functionality.
>
> * In Queensland and South Australia, health authorities have reported
> that nobody who tested positive for the virus had downloaded the app

Well see .. there’s your problem. It should be a app to help people both
avoid the virus, and then also help people after they have it. By being a
registered covid-citizen, it should smooth the way for them significantly.

To beat this covid-bastard we’re going to need “Aussies, all or nothing.”

And knowing whomever has it, and assisting or avoiding as appropriate,
as well as being warned in real time as well as location-specific warnings
might enable us an improved and inclusive Aussie covid mobile resource.

heers,
Stephen