[LINK] Cheap, popular and it works: Ireland's contact-tracing app success

Glen Turner gdt at gdt.id.au
Tue Jul 21 12:16:57 AEST 2020

I'd add that success should be measured by the system's usefulness to
contact tracers.

Conversely, the Apple+Google model places the person holding the phone
as the "user" of the app. I'd argue that this is a US-centric view not
well suited to countries with effective public health agencies.

BTW, I'm not sure that accuracy is an attribute needed for success.
Consider that requiring the scanning of a big QR poster upon entry to a
commercial premises isn't that accurate but would be just as as
effective for contact tracing as all the Bluetooth messing about.

-glen