[LINK] Propose Video Bandwidth Limit During COVID19 Emergency

jwhit at internode.on.net jwhit at internode.on.net
Sat Mar 21 09:33:50 AEDT 2020

One of the biggest challenges is the lack of mic muting. Any rustle of
paper or kid coming in or door slam or toilet flush can cause total
disruption.
Although cumbersome, the best option is a push to talk mic. Maybe I'm
just old fashioned. I doubt they exist any more.
The last time there was a move to this sort of communication was
during the oil 'wars' in the 1980s. Businesses couldn't afford to fly,
so alternate communications were sought. Australia may have had it
during the pilot strike. I don't know. I wasn't here then.

Jan
 who is having mic problems with Skype. If anyone has experienced
this, please get in touch. I can't find the solution. Win10 is quite
happy. I can record with the mic. Skype loads and connects, but no one
on the other side can hear me. Thanks.