[LINK] COVIDSafe app downloads update

Frank O'Connor francisoconnor3 at bigpond.com
Sun May 31 17:15:42 AEST 2020

Mmmm …

>From my experience they tend to hide behind catch-phrases like “World’s Best Practice” and award themselves self assessed gongs and appropriations, rather than face the simple truth that the vast majority of their IT projects are debacles and disasters.

That said, the I find the fact that the government are basically and fundamentally incompetent at IT projects (especially major large scale ones) very reassuring from a privacy and police state perspective. Dutton and his blackshirts, the highly politicised Federal Police and our all pervasive national security agencies, and our more-and-more police state welfare services seem to have problems getting any data, in any usable format,, even collected … let alone processed …

In short, their monumental IT incompetence saves the rest of us from their police-state ambitions. It doesn’t stop an ever increasing proportion of the Federal budget going the way of ‘intelligence’ and ‘intelligence services’ ... but given that 95% of that budget is wasted on utter IT crap we don’t have much to worry about.

Just my 2 cents worth ..
---