[LINK] The first web page?

Roger Clarke Roger.Clarke at xamax.com.au
Fri Aug 6 18:51:25 AEST 2021

On 6/8/21 6:08 pm, Stephen Loosley wrote:
> “Today is the World Wide Web's 30th birthday On 6 Aug 1991, Tim Berners-Lee published the first page, and changed the world. (info.cern.ch)”
>
> Ref https://www.reddit.com/r/technology/comments/oyufbd/today_is_the_world_wide_webs_30th_birthday_on_6/
>
> The actual web page  http://info.cern.ch/hypertext/WWW/TheProject.html
>
> Also: https://home.cern/science/computing/birth-web/short-history-web

A prize for the first report of a browser that can't display HTML 0.1.

I betcha CERN had to recreate the directory-tree but.

(But Brewster Kahle's archive.org might throw some light on that).

Roger Clarke                            mailto:Roger.Clarke at xamax.com.au
T: +61 2 6288 6916   http://www.xamax.com.au  http://www.rogerclarke.com

Visiting Professor in the Faculty of Law            University of N.S.W.