[LINK] Australian Data Network

Frank O'Connor francisoconnor3 at tpg.com.au
Fri Aug 20 13:17:25 AEST 2021

Interesting …

But how long before we would all be required to carry the card, before its usage was expanded to cover other ‘emergency situations’, before it became a ‘weapon against terrorism’ and finally before it became an accepted part of the machinery of state.

Australians have already reacted against the Australia Card (and I’d say, rightly so) in favour of more restricted use cards for single purposes (like Medicare for example) … but the above QR could be introduced by stealth rather easily.

Me? I don’t like ApplePay and other RDID/Wifi technologies and live with my credit/debit cards (taht already provide too much transaction information to too many different parties for my liking) … and I couldn’t see myself embracing the idea of a personal QR code.

The next requirement might be that it was tattoo’d on sensitive parts of our anatomy for convenience - at birth.

Call me paranoid … but I don’t trust our political masters.

Just my 2 cents worth …
---