[LINK] Link rot, pay walls and the perils of preservation, ABC Radio

Tom Worthington tom.worthington at tomw.net.au
Mon Aug 30 08:47:36 AEST 2021

"The cliché is that once something goes online, it’s up there forever.

But the truth is that the Internet has a memory problem and some of what
we’re losing – or could potentially lose – has significance and value.

While archivists struggle with the challenge of preserving our digital
record, the rise of pay walls present a particular problem."

 From Link rot, pay walls and the perils of preservation, Future Tense
with Antony Funnell, ABC Radio, Sun 29 Aug 2021, 12:30pm
https://www.abc.net.au/radionational/programs/futuretense/link-rot,-pay-walls-and-the-perils-of-preservation/13497704

--
Tom Worthington, MEd FHEA FACS CP IP3P http://www.tomw.net.au
+61(0)419496150

Honorary Lecturer, Computer Science, Australian National University
https://cecs.anu.edu.au/research/profile/tom-worthington