[LINK] Provide Online Informed Consent for COVID-19 Vaccinations

David dlochrin at aussiebb.com.au
Fri Jul 23 12:13:12 AEST 2021

On 2021-07-21 09:03, Tom Worthington wrote:

>> ... But given the current Government's record with RoboDebt ...
>
> RoboDebt worked very well. Described as as "Authorized Systematic Harassment" in the 1978 dystopian TV series "1990", a bureaucratic processes can be used for relentless harassment of opponents. See the episode "Ordeal by Small Brown Envelope": "http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0501331/?ref_=ttpl_pl_tt

I've been wondering about the ABC also.  I'm sure I've heard two popular Presenters recently make oblique remarks along the lines of 'not wanting to be seen as giving false information' and one a few weeks ago appeared to say they liked the contestant's subject because they admired popular agents sent in to secretly destroy an organisation from the inside, then (looking straight down the lens) "Hi Ita!).

As I've remarked before, Life Matters on RN now has "our home on Facebook", and the management obviously wants viewers & listeners to identify themselves by logging in before watching iView or contributing their opinions to a radio program.  Is the Government seriously trying to "monetise" Australian opinion by flogging it to Facebook?

IMO this is absolutely outrageous behaviour, considering the ABC is a "public broadcaster".

The ABC's web-broadcasting technical architects seem to be a law unto themselves; there are _standard_ protocols and I fail to see why I should be required to run particular versions of a very small subset of browsers.  Linux has never been a supported platform, and I wonder how they feel now there's a Microsoft Linux distribution based on SuSE (:-).

Any government which tries to destroy the ABC will eventually succeed, but they'll find they can't stifle & destroy opinion because it will spring up again on the 'net in many places, where it's far harder to control.

P.S.  Has anyone else noticed that the background "audio-visuals" on ABC TV recently are too loud?  Background "music" on ABC TV is sometimes so loud it's hard to hear the program content, and I've actually switched it off.

David Lochrin