[LINK] InnAus: 'CSIRO boss explains why seL4 team was dumped'

David dlochrin at aussiebb.com.au
Tue Jun 8 00:30:11 AEST 2021

On 2021-06-07 14:50, Roger Clarke wrote:

> [ Marshall also said "The challenge with that technology is it is very mature and it’s open-source, so it’s difficult to see an opportunity to build industry or to drive a national benefit there

Someone should ask Larry Marshall why Microsoft are now making OpenSuSE Leap 15.1 available from the Microsoft Store on their Windows 10 O/S, and I'm almost certain the "native mode" version runs on naked Intel hardware, it's not an emulation.

Perhaps MS have realised that the company's business objectives could be realised far more profitably by scrapping the Windows kernel at some point and running Windows 10 as a GUI user interface with full API support on the Linux kernel.  Leap 15.1 already includes several GUIs so another called "Windows 10" would be no problem at all.

As it is, KDE Plasma offers the familiar Windows 95 GUI screen, but not the whole Windows 95 task manager, API, etc.

David Lochrin