[LINK] The Australian COVID vaccination booking platform

Karl Auer kauer at biplane.com.au
Thu Mar 18 09:47:28 AEDT 2021

On Thu, 2021-03-18 at 08:50 +1100, jwhit at internode.on.net wrote:
> from what I'm reading this morning, all you would have gotten was a
> referral to your local clinic booking system that was likely not
> connected yet or to call them and then find out they aren't taking
> bookings, you aren't an existing patient so they won't ever take you,
> or they don't have any vaccine so call back in a month.
> Yes, it's that bad.

In my case, you can tick off:
- called local clinic
- not connected yet
- they aren't taking bookings
- they don't have any vaccine
- call back in a month

The clinic says they have had an order in since it was possible to put
one in.

I didn't get a referral because the booking system clagged after asking
me twenty questions, displaying a little red box with a cryptic error
code and saying I should try later. Shades of CensusFail.

I'm interested in finding out what will happen when I don't tell them
my ethnic or language background. "Well, you can not vaccinate me,
leaving me a threat to myself and others and a potential burden on the
health system either way, OR you can vaccinate me. Your call."

Hopefully it's optional.

Regards, K.

Karl Auer (kauer at biplane.com.au)
http://www.biplane.com.au/kauer

GPG fingerprint: 2561 E9EC D868 E73C 8AF1 49CF EE50 4B1D CCA1 5170
Old fingerprint: 8D08 9CAA 649A AFEF E862 062A 2E97 42D4 A2A0 616D