[LINK] Coronavirus: mixing AstraZeneca and Pfizer vaccines

Tom Worthington tom.worthington at tomw.net.au
Sun May 16 08:51:47 AEST 2021

On 13/5/21 7:37 pm, Stephen Loosley wrote:

> Coronavirus: mixing AstraZeneca and Pfizer vaccines triggers more fatigue, headaches, Oxford study shows ...

It will certainly create headaches for those providing public
information. It is difficult enough explaining the pros and cons of
individual vaccines, without combinations.

While I managed to book a vaccination in Canberra, problems remain with
the Federal and ACT booking systems: .
https://blog.tomw.net.au/2021/05/suggested-improvements-to-act-health.html

system, I received this Tweet:

	"Hi, if you have any technical issues when using MyDHR, please
	call 02 5124 5000 (24 hours a day, 7 days a week). Please refer
	to our FAQ 'I'm having issues signing up to MyDHR' for other
	reasons you may be having issues" 3:01 PM · May 14, 2021
	https://twitter.com/ACTHealth/status/1393068892755427335

This is similar to the indifference to emergency web design government
agencies had more than a decade ago. It took several bush-fire
disasters, coronal inquiries and royal commissions, before improvements
were made. Unfortunately, corporate knowledge appears to have been lost
since then.

A pandemic is a rare event, but with potential for large loss of life.
We can't afford to a learn-from-your-mistakes approach to web design in
a pandemic, as that could many lives.

Australia's vaccination rate is currently far below that needed to have
everyone eligible offered at least one dose buy the end of the year:
https://www.theguardian.com/australia-news/datablog/ng-interactive/2021/may/14/covid-19-vaccine-rollout-coronavirus-updates-tracker-australia-daily-live-data-stats-update-total-numbers-distribution-progress-schedule-tracking-new-cases-today-statistics-latest-news

There are obvious flaws in the federal and ACT vaccination websites
which, by making it harder to get vaccinated, are placing lives, and the
economy, at risk.

--
Tom Worthington,  http://www.tomw.net.au