[LINK] Getting a Company Director ID Online was Difficult But Not Impossible

Tom Worthington tom.worthington at tomw.net.au
Sat Nov 27 09:03:44 AEDT 2021

On 26/11/21 11:22 am, Tom Worthington wrote:

> As the director of an Australian company, I had until the end of the
> month to register for a new Director ID. ...

Correction: one well read Linker has pointed out that directors don't
need to get an ID until the end of November 2022:
https://www.abrs.gov.au/director-identification-number/who-needs-apply-and-when

I was confused by this news item which says "Existing directors will
have until the end of November to create their Director ID.":
https://www.zdnet.com/article/australian-company-directors-must-now-register-for-digital-id-through-mygov/

And the official instructions which said: "Within 28 days of
appointment"
https://www.abrs.gov.au/director-identification-number/who-needs-apply-and-when

--
Tom Worthington http://www.tomw.net.au