[LINK] What are the new frontiers of war?

Kate Lance kate at lancewood.net
Fri Oct 1 09:56:56 AEST 2021

You probably know of the amusing article by the War Nerd (John Dolan/Gary
Brecher) from 2006, U Sank My Carrier!, about a war game that did not turn out
as expected, but if not there's a copy at:

https://www.shiachat.com/forum/topic/84806-u-sank-my-carrier/
(last time I looked the original was behind a firewall).

'But what van Ripen did to the US fleet...that's something very different. He
was given nothing but small planes and ships - fishing boats, patrol boats,
that kind of thing. He kept them circling around the edges of the Persian Gulf
aimlessly, driving the Navy crazy trying to keep track of them. When the
Admirals finally lost patience and ordered all planes and ships to leave, van
Ripen had them all attack at once. And they sank two-thirds of the US fleet.'

regards,
Kate