[LINK] The 'Sea Snake' Phenomenon: 'Please Explain'

David dlochrin at aussiebb.com.au
Fri Sep 24 23:07:52 AEST 2021

On 2021-09-24 10:07, Roger Clarke wrote:

> IPhone and Android users have long complained about having to use different chargers for their phones. The former is charged from a Lightning cable while Android-based devices are charged using USB-C connectors.

I read somewhere that Samsung's charger includes a device identifier which is accessible in the usual way for USB devices (e.g. try 'lsusb' on Linux systems).  This identifies it as Samsung type-x charger so Samsung devices can be fast-charged, whatever that means in practice, but other devices receive no special treatment.

In any case, a normal Lithium device battery probably doesn't leave much scope for special charging regimes.

David Lochrin