[LINK] Microcredentials

Stephen Loosley stephenloosley at outlook.com
Fri Apr 1 14:57:27 AEDT 2022

Tom kindly notes,

>> For mine, I’d like a microcredential course in welding ..
>
> There are three VET certificates in welding, incorporating 29 accredited
> courses, made up of 62 units of competency.  Isn't that enough? Would
> you risk your life on a weld made by someone who had just a"micro"
> credential?

Well, can I review appropriate training segments from them, on-the-spot
and in my shed, holding my new welding tools, creating garden art-works?
My professional degrees and certificates are for my professional activities.

But speaking of professionals, should not the Australian Computer Society
be our actual folks judging / accrediting appropriate learning, as they have
been and are, in the case of microcredentials? Do you disagree with them?

Cheers,
Stephen