[LINK] What are the new frontiers of war?”

Tom Worthington tom.worthington at tomw.net.au
Sun Feb 20 08:05:39 AEDT 2022

On 17/2/22 11:47, Stephen Loosley wrote:

>>> Drones, and ever ’smarter’ drones are in all probability the way of the future. ...

Yes, I coached a team of military personnel, public servants and defence
industry people in the RAN's Navy Warfare Innovation Workshop 2020 at
the Australian Defence Force Academiy. Most of the teams were working on
ways to use drones, but mine surprised everyone by instead coming up
with a way to counter swarms of drones. The Admiral who breezed in
seemed happy with the idea.
https://blog.highereducationwhisperer.com/2020/12/navy-warfare-innovation-workshop-2020.html

Something else Navy could do is produce the underwater equivalent of the
RAAF's Loyal Wingman. That is a pilot-less armed jet aircraft to be
built in Queensland. Designed to be relatively cheap, it would work
alongside crewed aircraft. Navy could have a robot submarine, big enough
to cross a sea, but small enough to mass produce.
https://www.abc.net.au/news/2021-09-22/qld-boeing-to-build-plane-manufacturing-facility-drone/100482190

--
Tom Worthington http://www.tomw.net.au