[LINK] South Australia uses 100% solar and wind power for full week

Stephen Loosley stephenloosley at outlook.com
Sun Jan 30 14:47:56 AEDT 2022

Karl writes,

>> https://www.goodnewsnetwork.org/south-australia-smashes-renewable-record-using-100-solar-and-wind-for-full-week
>>
>> The solar energy from 110°F (43°C) is generous, as is the wind power
>> from speeds which average 10mph.
>

> There is a usually a correlation between the amount of heat and the
> amount (and, seasonally, incident angle) of light so that it appears
> that more heat = more power, but it's really just the light. Heat  (I
> think) actually reduces the efficiency of photovoltaic conversion.

Yes with much existing energy-harvesting technology, I believe you’re right.

We are currently only harvesting the light, not the heat, with solar radiation
for our power generation. But hopefully soon, with smart  governance, and
appropriate science, technology and household investment into solar water
heating etc for example, this will soon develop, and become common place.

And so, with smarter gov sci-tech investment, we can expect free electricity?

Cheers,
Stephen