[LINK] Send Facebook Executives to Jail for Promoting Contract Cheating Services?

Tom Worthington tom.worthington at tomw.net.au
Thu Jul 7 09:21:32 AEST 2022

Offering to write a students' work for them has been illegal in
Australia since 2020. However, when I asked Facebook to take down an
post promoting such a service to Canberra students, they refused.

Perhaps it is time for TEQSA, who administer the law, to prosecute
Facebook. The financial penalty is only $100,000 but the possibility of
a two year jail sentence might get the attention of Facebook executives.
https://www.teqsa.gov.au/preventing-contract-cheating

What Facebook replied:

"We didn't take down ***'s post

We know that this is not what you wanted, and we thought it might help
if we explain how the review process works.

Our technology helps us review reports first. This means that we can
find content that goes against our Community Standards quickly and reply
to people in a reasonable period of time. Some reports, such as those
that might contain child exploitation, are prioritised for review by our
team.

Our technology reviewed your report and, ultimately, we decided not to
take the content down. If you think that we've made a mistake, you can
request another review. We'll use what you've sent us to improve the
technology and the reporting experience.

We understand that the content may be offensive or hurtful. Facebook is
a global community, and people express themselves differently, but we
only take down content that goes against our standards. We review and
update our standards regularly, with the help of experts.

Thank you for helping to keep Facebook safe and welcoming for everyone."

--
Tom Worthington http://www.tomw.net.au