[LINK] The Australian Space Command

Tom Worthington tom.worthington at tomw.net.au
Thu Mar 24 08:46:41 AEDT 2022

On 22/3/22 11:58, Stephen Loosley wrote:
> Creating Space Command, Australia Strengthens High-Tech Bond With U.S. ...

I have done my bit to take "The Ultimate High Ground"*, by creating a
Wikipedia page for Australian Defence Space Command. Additions and
corrections welcome.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Australian_Defence_Space_Command

Less seriously, we already had a space command, complete with an armed
interplanetary spacecraft training simulator, in Sydney. I found it when
walking down Paramatta Road, hidden behind a fake institute. People
inside dress up in StarTrek style uniforms, to practice for missions:
http://msquaredmedia.com.au/blog01.php?fbclid=IwAR2gAkIc7uDuFb7m8lnzFPSoR4mg1ChzOLszF40XjwJAWH7-A0O-EKmwp1c

There is even a website with the backstory about an English
philanthropist, an international conspiracy, and alien technology.
http://milesham.org/

More seriously, ANU has a real Bond villain style space center, on top
of a mountain, with people in clean room suits building spacecraft, and
a laser for zapping objects in orbit.
https://www.anu.edu.au/news/all-news/new-laser-to-help-clear-the-sky-of-space-debris

* "The Ultimate High Ground", motto of Australian Defence Space Command.

--
Tom Worthington http://www.tomw.net.au