[LINK] The future of Sky News (and Murdoch) in Australia?

Stephen Loosley StephenLoosley at outlook.com
Thu May 12 21:54:17 AEST 2022

Sky News host Paul Murray in expletive-laden anti-Labor tirade to audience ..

https://www.theguardian.com/media/2022/may/12/sky-news-host-paul-murray-in-expletive-laden-anti-labor-tirade-to-audience-before-petter-dutton-interview

Sky News presenter Paul Murray unleashed a foul-mouthed tirade against Labor off air, calling the opposition leader “fucking Albo”, and directing his audience to vote for the Coalition.

Murray was warming-up the audience ahead of Sky’s Paul Murray’s Live Pub Test, imploring them to vote for the Liberal and National candidates, rather than minor parties, to ensure a Coalition election victory .. (snip)

He appealed to the crowd to ensure everyone votes LNP, because it is “your job” and “our job” to “build a buffer against the woke in Victoria”.

“We’re going to build a buffer against the teals in Sydney,” he said. “We’re going to build a buffer against the bullshit that might be playing in places like Western Australia”.

Murray asks the audience to yell out which regular guests they like and which they don’t. They say they like Bronwyn Bishop, Mark Latham and Matt Canavan but they don’t like regular Labor guests Nicholas Reece, and Stephen Conroy.

He calls on the audience to vote to ensure Labor doesn’t win because his television show, and Sky News in general and “views like yours” will be in danger.

“What do you think’s gonna happen to a show like mine and a station like ours and views like yours if they end up in charge?,” Murray says.

“That’s why it matters. It’s not just any old election. We all know that it has serious consequences, but I genuinely believe that the right thing can happen.

Murray believes the Coalition can still win because polls are inaccurate.