[LINK] [Android Apps] Free - Network Cell Info & Wifi @ Google Play Store

Stephen Loosley StephenLoosley at outlook.com
Sun May 15 14:19:48 AEST 2022

Today Snark writes: “I've been a long time user of Network Cell Info Lite, and today it popped up a notification that the full version was free ..”

Network Cell Info & Wifi

M2Catalyst, LLC.Tools  (App Rated  4.4 / 5  by 8,794 users)

“Network Cell Info is an extensive mobile network and Wi-Fi monitoring app with measurement and diagnostic tools (5G, LTE+, LTE, CDMA, WCDMA, GSM). Network Cell Info can help troubleshoot your reception and connectivity problems while keeping you in the know about your local cell carrier radio frequency landscape.

Features comparison: https://m2catalyst.com/apps/network-cell-info/features

📡Main features📡:

☆Almost Real-Time (1 sec.) monitoring of cellular carrier and WiFi signals in Gauge and Raw Tabs (*)
☆5G, LTE+, LTE, IWLAN, UMTS, GSM, CDMA support
☆One-tap WiFi/mobile internet performance speed test (download, upload, ping, and jitter)
☆Dual-SIM support (*)
☆2-3 Signal-meter gauges for both SIMs and WiFi (*)
☆Signal Plots, up to 2 cells
☆Band number (*)
☆SIM# preference option, for other than Gauge tab
☆Map with network cellular info and signal-meter gauges
☆History Logs, Measurements of cellular signals (in the Map tab)
☆Indication of cell locations (not carrier cell towers) in the Map from Mozilla Location Service (MLS), excl. CDMA (*)
☆Personal Best Signal Finder map layer shows your signal strength history by location
☆Crowdsourced Best Signal Finder shows your carrier's nearest best signals
☆Personal Best Signal Finder history graphs your signal strength over time
☆Route coloring (in the Map) according to the signal strength, and map markers with location and signal info
☆Measurements settings (minimum distance, minimum accuracy, motion sensor, etc.)
☆Database export history measurements in KML 2.2, MLS Geosubmit v.2, CLF v.3, OpenCellID CSV, and CMWF database types
☆Network information in Status Bar
☆Raw view of carrier network cellular info
☆Connection statistics (2G/3G/4G/5G)
☆SIM and device info

📃Notes:

Data accuracy is dependent on the device implementation of Android APIs. Not all manufacturers/devices implement fully/correctly Android APIs.

For Android < 5.0, Dual SIM is not supported for non-MediaTek devices, due to Android/device limitation.

You may use Mozilla Stumbler app to update the Mozilla MLS database in your area.

Please check also the richer features of our paid app: https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.wilysis.cellinfo

BETA, when available: https://m2catalyst.com/apps/network-cell-info/beta-lite-testing

Manual: https://m2catalyst.com/apps/network-cell-info/manual

FAQ: http://m2catalyst.com/apps/network-cell-info/faq (also FAQ inside app settings / about)

Common Database Formats: https://m2catalyst.com/apps/network-cell-info/database

Phone issues: https://m2catalyst.com/apps/network-cell-info/android-issues

Dual SIM issues: Make sure you enable it in the app settings, https://m2catalyst.com/apps/network-cell-info/dual-sim-issues

Measurements database: The measurements you make in the MAP tab, can be saved locally on your device.

REVIEWS:

Rated: 4.4 by 8,794 total

Garry Vogelsang
December 16, 2018
Only found this app today and jumped on this version after playing with Lite option for an hour or so. Still looking over the included features but already happy with the data presented. Haven't yet found statistics for time connected at each band, but will be thrilled if it's included.
--

Ian
May 4, 2022

I'd been using the free Lite version for a while and was impressed - it's a great app. I decided to upgrade to the paid version and support the developer and was surprised to find I'm now getting more notifications than before (even though I've turned off all notification in Settings). I'm left irri...
--

Abbas wadiwala
March 20, 2022

Second I've purchased this, first purchase was a few years back, not sure what happened to it, I've purchased again, after using lite version for awhile, it's a great app, but it can be improved. Can I ask if the maps can be updated to have dark mode? Like Google maps. I know Google maps, dark mode ..
(snip)
--

WHAT'S NEW

* Added support for 5G & Dual Sim
* Targeting API 30
* Added No Signal Pins to History & Map Tabs
* New Readings Tab - Reporting Bad Readings to MNOs
* Added real-time Cell and Wifi Gauge Widgets
* Added support for Android 12 devices