[LINK] The Future of Search Is Boutique

Jan Whitaker jwhit at internode.on.net
Sat May 28 15:06:58 AEST 2022

Oh, the memories of Subject Gateways. Anyone else remember those? I
worked on the Agrigate project for several years under an ARC grant via
the Univ of Melbourne, NLA, U of Adelaide, U of Queensland, and I think
one of the NSW unis (can't remember), and CSIRO. It lasted longer than
many, but eventually the partners pulled the plug. And, well, Google.
But what we were doing was a curated web of reliable and evaluated
resources in a specific discipline. Looks like we were ahead of our time.