[LINK] Averse to Metaverse Hype

Tom Worthington tom.worthington at tomw.net.au
Wed Nov 16 09:07:33 AEDT 2022

On 15/11/22 15:18, Roger Clarke wrote:
> I wonder if anyone can dredge up Gartner's prognostications at the same
> stage in the hype-cycle for Second Life? ...

Yes, and they are sillier than Professor Klerphell could have come up
with: "A Gartner analyst is predicting that 2% of U.S. citizens will get
married in virtual worlds by 2015 to people they have never met, and may
never meet even after they are married. These online virtual marriages
will carry all the same legal implications of marriages that take place
in the “offline” world, the Gartner analyst claims.":
https://www.pcworld.idg.com.au/article/198364/gartner_analyst_predicts_virtual_marriages_by_2015/

--
Tom Worthington, http://www.tomw.net.au