[LINK] Is MyGovId going to be Robodebt II?

Tom Worthington tom.worthington at tomw.net.au
Mon Nov 28 10:25:35 AEDT 2022

Australian company directors have until 30 November to register with
MyGovId. The ABC reported that about a million had not yet done so and
each risks a fine of $13,000. The registration requires providing
multiple forms of identification, with matching names. This may prove
impossible by following the instructions issued. I suggest the
Australian Government needs to extend the deadline and clarify how IDs
are matched, to avoid ending up in a Robodebt II situation.

As an example, the instructions say to enter the name on your Medicare
card, but my card has the wrong name on it: not just the physical card,
but the facsimile shown in the Medicare system. This weeks after I phone
Medicare, and was assured the name had been changed.
https://blog.tomw.net.au/2022/11/mygovid-is-robodebt-ii.html

--
Tom Worthington, http://www.tomw.net.au