[LINK] The "Merge" and Ethereum now uses 99.98% less energy

Roger Clarke Roger.Clarke at xamax.com.au
Sun Sep 18 05:39:27 AEST 2022

Can anyone point to analyses of the functional and integrity impacts of
the change from “proof of work” to “proof of stake” approach?

On the one hand, the environmental benefits appear to be enormous.

But I wonder whether the security features thereby change from armour to
tinsel, and woodpeckers will shortly emerge to mine the funds and
white-ant the edifice.

(Once you've started on mixed metaphors, you might as well keep going,
sorry).