[LINK] ACS Labs and Startup Muster seeks opinions on Australian startup issues

Tom Worthington tom.worthington at tomw.net.au
Wed Aug 7 10:58:44 AEST 2024

On 7/8/24 03:14, Stephen Loosley wrote:

> 2024 Startup Muster survey to unveil how industry is facing challenges.
> By Paul Wallbank on Aug 01 2024 12:22 PM ...

Canberra seems to be doing okay. The Canberra Innovation Network is
doubling in size, with a second floor in the old ACT Heath building in
Sydney being refurbished. https://cbrin.com.au/level-4-coming-soon/

Senator David Pocock has suggested CBRIN take over the whole building,
as part of an innovation precinct stretching across the Canberra CBD
between the ANU campus on the east and new UNSW campus on the west:
https://visionforcanberra.davidpocock.com.au/innovationhub

However, high tech startups are largely confined to what I described as
the "Canberra Business Boomerang", east of the ANU campus.
https://blog.highereducationwhisperer.com/2015/04/designing-innovation-course-part-3.html#cbb

What startups need are flexible low cost office spaces, which is usually
in older buildings. There are fewer of these on the south east of the
CBD near the UNSW campus.

ps: CBRIN has First Wednesday Connect tonight, 7 August, 5:00pm at
Louie Louie (Verity Lane Market), with UNSW: https://cbrin.com.au/fwc

--
Tom Worthington http://www.tomw.net.au