[LINK] How did pagers explode?

Tom Worthington tom.worthington at tomw.net.au
Fri Sep 20 07:54:33 AEST 2024

On 19/9/24 09:50, Roger Clarke wrote:

> Apart from the slightly fuzzy image ...

Given this was my mobile phone running Zoom, propped against a jar of
jam on my hotel bed, I am surprised how good it looked on TV.

> I've wondered about the extent to which the nature of the devices and
> their uses has changed from their earlier manifestations. ...

The units identified in the media look like a clone of the Motorola unit
I had in the 1990s. I expect the protocols and software are largely
unchanged from decades ago & easy to hack.

> Now, about this morning's exploding radios ...

It sounds like the script for a black comedy, if it was not so tragic.

--
Tom Worthington http://www.tomw.net.au