The horror, the horror!

John Burton jburton at morobegold.com.pg
Tue Nov 14 09:46:26 EST 2000

Yes, but that's not the language Bryant can use to talk to his Sepiks and it
goes down like a lead balloon with the generation who only did mission
school in Kote, Jabem or Gedaged about 40 years ago.

I cannot (or will not) pick a single region where TP is more elegant than
elsewhere. However, I have particularly enjoyed the felicity of expression
used by particular individuals who happen to live in the highlands, in
Morobe and on the Rai Coast. What they have in common is that they trained
in communication skills before English became a widespread medium; many of
the 'best' speakers are pastors.

So you're listening in offices, eh. Exactly!

John Burton