[Nauty] installing nauty

Mike Daven daven at msmc.edu
Fri Jun 4 05:52:01 EST 2004

OK, I got sed409b.zip and installed.  After "./configure = --host=i686",
it seemed I also needed grep24b.zip, which I got and installed.

Now "./configure = --host=i686" displays many lines, but I see a few more
errors:

   ./configure: cmp: command not found
   ./config.status: expr: command not found   (this appears twice)

Ignoring these, I tried "make", which also displays several lines.  At the
end, the following appear:

   shortg.c:77: error: two or more data types in declaration of 'pipe'
   shortg.c:77: error: two or more data types in declaration of 'pipe'
   shortg.c:77: error: 'pipe' redeclared as different kind of symbol
   /dev/env/DJDIR/include/unistd.h:108: error: previous declaration of 'pipe'
   shortg.c: In function 'beginsort':
   shortg.c:94: error: parse error before "pipe"
   make.exe: *** [shortg] Error 1

Ignoring this as well, I tried "geng 6 | countg --D", which gives

   >A c:/DJGPP/nauty22/geng -d0D5 n=6 e=0-15
   >Z 156 graphs generated in 0.00 sec
   bash: countg: command not found

What else am I missing?  Thanks...

mike