[Nauty] Indicator functions

Edward Turner ent03r at ecs.soton.ac.uk
Tue Jul 5 20:50:02 EST 2005

Hello again :) thanks for the prompt reply to my plea for help! Following
both staff.washington.edu/~noahgian/Isomorphism.pdf and Practical Graph
Isomorphism has been very helpful and I think I'm beginning to better
understand how nauty works.

One question I have regards "indicator functions": how does one choose an
"arbitrary but fixed" indicator function when finding a canonical label? An
example / any direction for help would be much appreciated. (I hope I
haven't misunderstood some part of the above papers regarding these
functions!)

Best wishes,

Edd.