[Nauty-list] status of generator for undirected multigraphs?

Michael Kiermaier Michael.Kiermaier at uni-bayreuth.de
Fri Nov 24 09:39:09 EST 2006

Hello!

I am interested in using nauty on undirected multigraphs. I know that I
could transform such a graph into a simple graph, but the graph would
get much bigger then (one more node for each multiedge).

In a mail of Brandan McKay of Sept. 2004 I found:

"The next version of nauty has a generator for undirected multigraphs.
It is written and appears to work but needs further testing before
release."

I would like to know what the status of the mentioned generator for
undirected multigraphs is today. Is it already released? Or are you
still working on it?

Also, I want to know what exactly is meant by this "generator". Does it
mean that nauty natively supports undirected multigraphs then? Or does
it mean something completely different?

Greetings and thanks in advance,

~michael