[Nauty-list] Building nauty on MinGW, missing sys/times.h

William August Rummler w.a.rummler at gmail.com
Mon Sep 10 16:25:38 EST 2007

Hello to all,

I recently tried to build nauty with MinGW, using just "./configure" and
"make all". After some successful progress, I received this error:

gcc -o labelg -O4 -march=i686 labelg.c gtools.o gtnauty.o \
        nauty.o nautil.o naugraph.o nautinv.o
labelg.c: In function `main':
labelg.c:218: error: `CPUTIME' undeclared (first use in this function)
labelg.c:218: error: (Each undeclared identifier is reported only once
labelg.c:218: error: for each function it appears in.)
make: *** [labelg] Error 1

I tracked the cause (or at least part of the cause) to the fact that
MinGW lacks the sys/times.h file and the times() function located therein.

Does anyone know what to do or where to begin to resolve this issue?

Thanks,
Will