[Nauty-list] Processing automorphism groups

Demian Lessa demian at lessa.org
Thu May 21 09:47:53 EST 2009

Hi,

I recently started a project that has a number of requirements, most of
which NAUTY satisfies out-of-the-box. There are a few things that I've
not been able to crack yet by reading the NUG and the source code.

For instance,

  Is it possible to determine the number (count) of isomorphs of each
  graph output by geng? I have looked at the statistics, the examples
  in NUG and the nautyexX.c files, to no avail. Am I missing something
  very obvious?

  I would like to output this count for each graph in a custom
  OUTPROC routine that calls geng as follows:

    Graph 1, order 3, 1 isomorph.
    00
    0

    Graph 2, order 3, 3 isomorphs.
    00
    1

    Graph 3, order 3, 3 isomorphs.
    01
    1

    Graph 4, order 3, 1 isomorph.
    11
    1

  Note that this is the output from 'geng -lv 3 | listg -at' to
  which I added the isomorphism information.

Thank you!

Demian Lessa