[Nauty-list] Edge Colored Graph Example nug.pdf pg 25

Mathieu Loiselle mloiselle at gmail.com
Sat Jan 8 10:49:49 EST 2011

Hello,

I worked out the example as listed described and received the following results:

for edge colored directed graph:
3 1 0 0
0 0 3 0
2 0 0 2
2 0 1 0
================"lab" input parameter=============================
 0  2  4  6  1  3  5  7
================="ptn" input parameter============================
 1  1  1  0  1  1  1  0
==================Input Graph===========================
 1 1 0 0 0 0 0 0
 1 1 0 1 0 0 0 0
 0 0 0 1 1 0 0 0
 0 0 1 0 0 1 0 0
 1 0 0 0 0 1 1 0
 0 0 0 0 1 0 0 0
 1 0 0 0 0 0 0 1
 0 0 0 0 0 1 1 0
===================Output Canonical Graph==========================
 1 0 0 0 0 0 0 1
 1 0 0 0 0 0 1 0
 0 0 0 1 0 1 0 0
 1 1 0 0 1 0 0 0
 0 0 0 1 0 0 0 0
 0 0 1 0 1 0 0 0
 0 1 0 0 1 0 0 0
 1 0 0 0 0 1 0 1
 0  6  2  4  5  3  7  1

I had been expecting that each pair of vertices in the derived
directed graph with eight vertices which together represent a vertex
from the original 4-vertex edge-colored graph to permute together, but
this is not the case as can be seen by the Output labelling. This is
actually the second way I do this and both times this was the result.
Am I expecting something that isn't supposed to occur? (i.e. is this
the correct output for the example.)