[Nauty-list] Multithreading

Susanne Niess niess at ma.tum.de
Fri Jan 13 04:37:59 EST 2012

Thank you.

Am 12.01.2012 16:33, schrieb Matthew Skala:
>> Unfortunately, I don't know Perl. Can I just use mkts like a bash script or do
> If you have Perl installed, it should be possible to just make the file
> executable and run it, much as you would with a bash script.  If your Perl
> happens to be installed somewhere other than /usr/bin/perl, you might have
> to change the pathname at the top of the script to say where Perl is.

Could you please also send me the make file to apply the changes to the
files in nauty? I applied it to several of them by hand and then
couldn't compile them, so something must still be wrong. My includes are
#include "../nau/naututil.h"
#include "../nau/nauty.h"
#include "../nau/gtools.h"
and my compiling script contains
../nau/nauty.o ../nau/nautil.o ../nau/naututil.o ../nau/naugraph.o
../nau/nausparse.o ../nau/rng.o ../nau/gtools.o

> On Thu, 12 Jan 2012, Susanne Niess wrote:
>> understood correctly that I can still invoke nauty again and again in a
>> thread, just not at the same time, running somehow parallel? I would not be
> Right.  Given that you were asking about multithreading my assumption was
> that you're familiar with the general background:  threads allow software
I think I understand well enough for my work what multithreading is, I
just asked back because I could not think of a possibility to run more
than one nauty in one thread at the same time (as nauty itself does not
call itself recursilyve as far as I know); the threads are parallel but
every single thread is sequential and I can't split it again. As all my
threads use nauty, I need the changes; my question came after I found
out it does not work without adaption.