[Nauty-list] Nauty with Latin Squares

Brendan McKay bdm at cs.anu.edu.au
Fri Apr 26 10:00:13 EST 2013

Hi, one thing is that you shouldn't use directed edges unless it
is necessary. In your case, that means use directed edges for the
cycles of the autotopism but undirected edges for everything else.
All the edges in the definition of G2 should go in both directions,
otherwise you are asking for trouble.

Secondly, these graphs are intrinsically difficult. To make the
generation fly you need to partition the vertices of the graph
according to invariants. See the discussion in the final pages
of Section 3. I'm not sure exactly what you are doing, but you
can probably use sigma in computing invariants. Another source
is the cycle structure of the permutations mapping the rows onto
each other. The real secret behind fast generation is to invent
invariants that are strong enough to usually avoid calling nauty at
all (see the discussion in the same place).

Brendan.

* damian <damian.vizar at gmail.com> [130426 08:47]: