[Nauty-list] weighted graph questions

Vyacheslav Rychkov vyacheslav.rychkov at cern.ch
Sun Aug 11 16:23:38 EST 2013

Dear nauty-users,

I have two questions related to the use of nauty for weighted graphs.

1) I am looking for a code which computes the automorphism group of a weighted graph (i.e. with weights assigned to edges).
I have only integer edge weights, no vertex coloring, and relatively small graphs (connected graphs with O(10) edges).

It seems that nauty cannot compute the automorphism group of a weighted graph.
Can anyone point me to a publicly available code which does that?

2) Inside the nauty distribution, there is a multig utility which produces a list of nonisomorphic multigraphs out of a list of nonisomorphic simple graphs,
increasing mutliplicities of edges in all possible ways. Is there a place where the algorithm is described?

Any help would be greatly appreciated,
Kind regards,
Slava Rychkov

--