[Nauty-list] Installing nauty+Traces on Windows under Cygwin

Brendan McKay bdm at cs.anu.edu.au
Wed Oct 2 22:22:21 EST 2013

In our testing, version 2.5r6 installs on recent versions
of Cygwin under Windows 7.  All the utilities seem to work,
including shortg.

One point to note is that Cygwin likes Unix line endings
for text files, not Windows/DOS line endings.  This doesn't
matter for program text, but for shell scripts like
"configure" it is essential. Be sure to unpack the archive
in a way that doesn't "fix" the text files. I recommend
using "tar" but you can use WinZip provided you disable
text file conversion: it is the option
Settings>Options>Miscellaneous>TAR file smart CR/LF conversion

If "./configure" gives error messages like
   ./configure: line 16: $'\r': command not found
it means you got this step wrong.

As always, please report problems to me.

Brendan.