[Nauty] Nauty as a library?

Mathieu Dutour mathieu.dutour at gmail.com
Sun Nov 8 21:03:20 AEDT 2020

I would like to use nauty (and more precisely Traces) for some enumeration
computation in mathematics (Enumeration of Ctypes in dimension 6 for the
one interested).

I need to do a lot of canonical form computation and thus I want to link
my C++ program with nauty.

There are several problems with that:
1) The "configure script" does not apparently have the option of making
installation with "make install" which is strange.
2) The Makefile creates static but not dynamic libraries. Probably a minor
problem. Why can't we have a single library?
3) I would like to use nauty in a multithreaded program with each thread
making its own calls. This might create problems with global variables
whose value changes. Does the "--enable-tls" configure option addresses
this?

In general, it would be good to have documentation on the use of nauty
as a library.

Best,

  Mathieu