[ANU Pacific.Institute] AAAPS AGM - 10 May 2013

Michael Cookson michael.cookson at anu.edu.au
Tue Apr 30 13:28:36 EST 2013

     Dear Pacific
Institute members,

 The Australian
Association for the Advancement of Pacific Studies (AAAPS) has issued a general
invitation to its AGM on 10 May 2013 in Canberra (see text below and attachments).

 * * *

 Attached
is a flyer and agenda for the AAAPS Annual General Meeting for 2013. The
meeting will be held from 12:00 - 5:00pm on the afternoon of 10 May 2013 in the McDonald room of the Menzies Library at the Australian National University.
Lunch and afternoon tea are provided. We will start with a public talk
by Dr. Keith Camacho from the University of California Los
Angeles (UCLA), titled: “Militarized Incarceration: The U.S.
Military Tribunals of Guam, 1945-1949”.

 Keith
L. Camacho is an assistant professor in the Asian American Studies Department at
the University of California, Los Angeles. He is the author of Cultures of
Commemoration: The Politics of War, Memory, and History in the Mariana Islands
(University of Hawai'i Press) and, with Setsu Shigematsu, the co-editor of
Militarized Currents: Toward a Decolonized Future in Asia and the Pacific
(University of Minnesota Press). He is presently a Visiting Fellow at the
Australian National University in association with Professor Margaret Jolly's
(ANU) research project, Engendering Persons, Transforming Things:
Christianities, Commodities, and Individualism in Oceania.

 After Dr. Keith Camacho's talk
we will have lunch and then proceed to the AGM (2-5pm). In addition to dealing
with the formal business of the AGM, we hereby give notice of the special resolution
that will take place regarding changing the name AAAPS into AAPS (see agenda).
This is an important resolution and your attendance is much appreciated.

 We very
much look forward to seeing you in May!
 For catering purposes, please RSVP by May 3.

 Contacts: RSVP
and logistics - Nick Mortimer nicholas.mortimer at anu.edu.au

Kind regards,

Anna-Karina
Hermkens and John Taylor (AAAPS secretaries)