[ANU Pacific.Institute] Development Bulletin No.80: Pacific reflections

Samuel Bashfield samuel.bashfield at anu.edu.au
Fri Mar 16 14:48:20 AEDT 2018

A message from Dr Pamela Thomas, Development Studies Network:

Hello Pacific scholars,

Development Bulletin No.80: Pacific Reflections: a retrospective of aid, development and change

We are now planning for the 80th edition of the journal Development Bulletin.  It will focus on Pacific Island countries and provide the opportunity to reflect on the experiences of aid, development and change of those who live or have lived in, work and have worked in, have written about, undertaken research in, and reflected on Pacific life and development.  DB80 will be devoted to personal experiences of development and change and provide an opportunity for both anecdote and academic reflection bringing together the lived experiences of Pacific Islanders and expatriates and their thoughts on past and future change.

Content
"Pacific reflections" will honour the 50th anniversary of the University of the South Pacific and the 53rd anniversary of the University of Papua New Guinea and those responsible for their establishment and progress, so we would like to be able to include the reminiscences of early students and staff.  Please send us a paper. We are also looking for papers from different disciplines and sectors and hope that some of you will be able to look back on your research and writing and share some of your thoughts.  We would also like to include your visions for the Pacific future.

Publication information

*         DB papers are short and concise with a word limit of 3,500

*         Please email me a short abstract  by May 1, 2018 or advise me of your interest in providing a paper.

*         We will need full papers by July 31.

*         Papers will be peer reviewed.

*         We hope to publish by October 31.

Back issues of Development Bulletin
Back issues of the journal are available online at: Crawford.anu.edu.au/rmap/devnet/dev-bulletin.php
Together these publication provide insights into 35 years of development assistance, development theory, practice and research , much of it in, or relevant to, the Pacific.

Development Bulletin editorial guidelines
We would be pleased to send you our editorial guidelines including our conventions for references and citations.

Please contact me if you would like further information.

Kind Regards,

Pam

Dr Pamela Thomas, editor (and fairly early graduate of the University of the South Pacific)
Development Studies Network
Resources, Environment and Development Program
Crawford School of Public Policy
Australian National University
Canberra ACT 0200 Australia

Phone:  61 (0) 2 6125 8257  Mobile: 04512945655
email:  pamela.thomas at anu.edu.au<mailto:pamela.thomas at anu.edu.au>
Development Bulletin website: Crawford.anu.edu.au/rmap/devnet/dev-bulletin.php