[ANU Pacific.Institute] Sale of bilums (PNG string bags) for a good cause

Alan Rumsey Alan.Rumsey at anu.edu.au
Fri Oct 5 22:34:22 AEST 2018

Francesca and I are hosting a couple of visitors from the place where we work in the PNG Highlands --- John Onga and his wife Wapi --- who have been hosting us for years there. For the past four months, following a dry spell, they’ve had unusually rainy weather, which has spoiled a lot of their gardens and led a food shortage. Wapi has brought a lot of beautiful, locally made bilums (string bags) hoping to sell them in order to raise money to buy food. For a photo of some of them see https://www.instagram.com/p/Boi9VIxBmnnVemvmsNOT41Qf2WKeqJVEL4mFL00/
If you want to have a look at the them and meet John and Wapi we will be in my office in the Baldessin Precinct Building and available by appointment for most of the time during working hours of October 8-15. To arrange an appointment please email me at alan.rumsey at anu.edu.au<mailto:alan.rumsey at anu.edu.au>

Alan