[Papuanlanguages] 'Eating water' and elsewhere: a summary

Alexandra Aikhenvald A.Aikhenvald at latrobe.edu.au
Thu Sep 14 12:17:11 EST 2006

 Dear Alan,

Thanks for this! Manambu has several A=S ambitransitive verbs for 'burn'; 'eat' used with fire appears to be like a more metaphorical usage. I will check all the dictionaries of Ndu languages, and send more info as soon as I can.

Best

Sasha

Professor Alexandra Aikhenvald, PhD, DLitt, FAHA
Associate Director and Postgraduate Coordinator
Research Centre for Linguistic Typology
La Trobe University
Victoria 3086
Tel: 61-(0)3-9479 6402