[PapuanLanguages] Debuccalization in Papuan and An languages?

Fanny Cottet fanny_cottet at hotmail.com
Fri Aug 30 10:57:08 EST 2013

Dear Alexandra,

Thanks for your answer and these references.

I know that debuccalization is common as a diachronic process but in
synchrony it does not seem so common (O’Brien, 2010). And that is this type of
allophonic variation I am interested in. I am also precisely looking at
languages of New Guinea and would like to find cases of An and Papuan languages which have the same phenomenon.

Mbaham is spoken in the Bomberai peninsula, in West Papua.

All the best,

Fanny.