[PapuanLanguages] ID of a bird called 'mukumuku' in Tok Pisin

Jessica Brown jecca.mt at gmail.com
Thu Jun 4 22:58:28 AEST 2020

Hi Darja,
This story sounds like the one we have in Ranmo language of Western
Province (your Languages of Southern New Guinea colleagues are probably
telling you similar stories), in which case the two birds used are a
cassowary (muruk-Pidgin) and brolga. I'm not sure the Pidgin word for
brolga. We do have black palm cockatoos which have red eyes.
Jessica