[ANUBC] Batemans Bay Trip, Lunchtime Bridge and other 2011 Plans

ANU Bridge Club Announcements List anubc-announce at anu.edu.au
Tue Feb 15 22:56:31 EST 2011

Hi Guys,

Welcome to ANU Bridge in 2011. This is just a quick message to all who
joined our mailing list in previous years.

ANU Bridge Club had a great amount of activity at the beginning of last year
and we are hoping that those of you who may have not been able to keep the
bridge going but were still interested would be able to make more bridge
events this year. For a start we have the* Batemans Bay congress* over the
Canberra Day long weekend, and the continuing *lunchtime bridge at 1-2* in
the ANU Refectory. We will also have a *Bridge at the Pub *this Saturday
from 2-5.

*Batemans Bay Congress

*This year the Batemans Bay Congress coincides with the *Canberra Day long
weekend (March 11-13)*. What better way to spend your holiday than a trip to
play bridge! Besides, there's a beach too.
Due to the need to enter teams and pairs ahead of time, as well as the need
for us to find accomodation, travel arrangements (usually carpool) and a
whole lot of other logistical matters we are looking for primary *expressions
of interest* by Saturday (19 Feb) - please email me at *
anubridgeclub at gmail.com*.
We would love as many of you to come as possible - it's a great weekend and
gives you a real taste of what bridge can be at a competitive as well as
social level.

*Lunchtime Bridge

*Bridge will still be played at lunch on *Thursdays from 1 till 2* at the
ANU Refectory (next to Asian Bistro). It is quite easy to miss us in the
crowd - Bridge players don't wear bandanas and carry nerf guns - but we will
be there. It doesn't matter if you think you don't know how to play - the
lunch game is very flexible and everyone is welcome to join in.

*Bridge at the Pub

*We will have a session of bridge at *King O'Malley's Pub* in Garema Place
(near the bus interchange) from *2-5 this Saturday (19 Feb)*. All are
welcome to come and join - new players will find this especially helpful.
Please email at *anubridgeclub at gmail.com *if you think you will come to give
us an idea of how many may be there - otherwise just come along!

Hope to see you all soon!

John