[ANUBC] Lunchtime Bridge, Bridge at the Club, Batemans Bay

ANU Bridge Club Announcements List anubc-announce at anu.edu.au
Mon Feb 21 03:15:34 EST 2011

Hi guys,

The academic year is opening up for ANU Bridge Club this Thursday.

*Lunchtime Bridge

*We will be continuing *Lunchtime Bridge* at the ANU Refectory, upstairs in
the Union Building, near Asian Bistro. We are usually visible around the
area - just have a little search for people playing cards. We may or may not
have bright red tablecloths.
Hope to see you there from 1-2 on Thursday.

*Batemans Bay

*We are now inviting all players - new or existing - to join ANU Bridge Club
on a subsidised trip to the coast - TO PLAY BRIDGE! In past years we have
had lots of new and inexperienced players join us on the trip to the coast
and get the chance to *play in a proper tournament with an experienced
player*. The Batemans Bay Congress will be held between 11-13 of March. We
will be travelling down Friday afternoon, Friday evening and, if needs be,
early Saturday morning.
If you are interested - please email me on anubridgeclub at gmail.com. We are
now closing final expressions of interest on 1 March.

*Bridge at the Club

*We will be holding a bridge session - which will include a short lesson and
a few hands to play - at the *Canberra Bridge Club in Deakin*. This session
will *start at 4 and finish around 6:30* but it is okay if you cannot stay
for the whole thing. If you cannot get there - please email me on
anubridgeclub at gmail.com - to request assistance with transport. If you can
transport yourself - the Club is behind Deakin shops. It is accessible by
bus routes 2 and 3 - alight at Deakin shops.

Look forward to seeing you all soon!

John