[ANUBC] Update and Sapphire Coast Congress

ANU Bridge Club Announcements List anubc-announce at anu.edu.au
Mon Jul 11 14:08:23 EST 2011

Hi all,

I apologise that I have been a bit lax with email updates due to life taking
over.

*Lunchtime Bridge*

We will probably recommence Lunchtime Bridge in *Week 1* of Semester 2 but
this may change depending on who is available to run it in that week (this
is the same week as the Australian National Championships in Melbourne).

*Bridge Online

*The website Bridge Base Online is a good place to play bridge without
having to find a partner personally or having to get to the bridge club in
Deakin (which is rather inaccessible). I believe there is a separate section
on the site if you don't want to play with the seasoned veterans called the
"Relaxed Bridge Club" where you can get experience just playing boards in a
non-pressured environment.
If you do start playing on BBO (it is free!) please send me your nicks so
that when we're all on we can play together! If enough people are available
we may even be able to have a match.

*Sapphire Coast Congress

*The second semester coast trip will be to the congress hosted by the
Sapphire Coast Bridge Club *9-11 September**. *If you ask any of the people
who went to the Batemans Bay congress I'm sure you'll find that it was a
valuable experience to be had by all.
It is okay if you feel that you haven't been playing long enough or that you
are not very experienced - not only will we be taking some very experienced
players to give you advice along the way the regional congress environment
is very friendly and welcoming of newer players.
The congress is not that far away - only 2 months! Please get back to me so
I can organise accomodation, transport and entries. As was done for Batemans
Bay, BFACT will be able to subsidise the costs requiring only a small
contribution from participants.

Look forward to hearing from all of you,

John