[Aqualist] Survey of Australian Scientists: Tell us where your future is heading

Kathryn Fitzsimmons kathryn_fitzsimmons at eva.mpg.de
Mon Sep 13 20:48:07 EST 2010

Dear AQUA members,

AQUA is supporting the Federation Australian Scientific & Technological
Societies (FASTS) to conduct a survey of the 60,000 scientists they
represent in order to better represent you.
FASTS is our peak body and they provide an important role in advocating
and promoting the issues of science and scientists to the government,
key stakeholders and the public. They have the ear of the government and
we want to make sure they use it to best reflect what our members – you
– think.

So we are asking you for your feedback on the big issues we all face,
the professional issues you face and what you think the priorities we
should be pursing to improve the position of science and scientists in
Australia.

This is a rare and important opportunity for our profession and a chance
to have your say so we encourage you to participate

The survey will take around 15 minutes to complete and is only open from
now until Thursday 16 September.

If you complete the survey you will go into the draw to win a free
ticket to attend FASTS annual flagship event Science meets Parliament in
Canberra, which brings together some 200 scientists from around
Australia to meet with federal parliamentarians and learn about the
political process and how your work is important to it.
Click the link below to get started:
_http://FAST-SURVEY-2010-Members.questionpro.com
_
Your participation is confidential and we strongly encourage you to
participate.
If you encounter any problems with this survey, please email
_katewhelan at essentialmedia.com.au
_
Regards

Dr Patrick Moss
Senior Lecturer in Physical Geography
School of Geography, Planning & Environmental Management
The University of Queensland
Brisbane QLD 4072 Australia

NOTE: The survey is being conducted for us by EMC’s Essential Research,
which is ISO accredited, a member the Australian Market & Social
Research Organisations and bound by the Privacy Act. They are an
independent research company and engaged by FASTS to undertake this
project. If you have any questions regarding the survey please contact
_katewhelan at essentialmedia.com.au_

--
Kathryn Fitzsimmons

Department of Human Evolution